Sunday, May 10, 2009

Newspaper industry....

People keep talking about the newspaper industry and how it's dieing. I am all against it -- especially because BLOGS aren't news, they're mostly written by people with (almost)NO JOURNALISTIC talent. I'd rather have professional journalists doing the real reporting even if they're skewed one way or another.

To revive it though - I'd say - once you give something free it's hard to take back. So why not some of the newspapers join together in a "online media partnership" and allow people access to content for a certain fee per month or year (plus ofcourse the ad revenue)? That should take care of atleast some of the revenue generation and people won't feel like crap to keep paying for individual papers. Perhaps some "Free" content and the rest can be paid.

I wouldn't go the extreme of what WSJ is doing and keep increasing prices willy nilly (but Murdoch is nuts), but I think some kind of an "all access pass" is long overdue!

No comments: