Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 is almost over...and boy am I glad....



I try to do this every year...where I think about the year...so here goes this one!

Started out with my wife having surgery for a relatively minor nail issue, turned out into a 3 week saga.  The year then dragged on with work - where Travelex Global Business Payments separated from Travelex, and we were busy integrating with Western Union.

Ofcourse, I can't forget our 8 years anniversary we hit on Jan 24th.  Thats always the pleasant beginning for me, where I think about the wonderful time of the last 8 years with my wife.

This March - unbelievably - we got our green card!

The next memorable event was in April when Pranav turned 7.  A small party at home with his friends - which we all enjoyed.

My parents came to the US in June - since my dad retired in 2011 December, he's been getting used to not having to get up and get to work everyday!  He moved back to India, to set up our house in Chennai. Then in the US on June 8th.  Mom & Dad stayed till 15th October - so thats always fun!  Vaibhav got used to his grandparents, and Pranav had a blast.  Finally Lavanya & I were able to take a weekend and go off to by ourselves.  That was a short and fun weekend we had the weekend of the 15th Sept, 2012!  This was also our way of specially celebrating Lavanya's birthday :).  We had a family Birthday for her after!

We celebrated Vaibhav turning 2 in a small fashion as well - we expect we'll be celebrating his 3rd birthday in a much bigger fashion.

We went to Diya on Oct 12th to celebrate Dad's birthday and then they started getting ready to head back to Chennai!

Ofcourse, right after they came, I had to have surgery for a pinched nerve on the right hand - bummer - and then right after they left Nov 7th - the same thing on the left hand - big bummer.

Then came by Birthday - Lavanya gave me a Mac Book Pro for my birthday - that I enjoy very much!

There is also something that happened in December, that I can write about, but it definitely changed my perspective about how much my work is appreciated!  It was a good feeling!

This year has been one of the most roller coaster years I've ever had!!!  Ever!  Most of it has to do with family health issues....started with my wife, then me twice!!!  Three surgeries this year is enough!  I'm hoping to have a much more pleasant 2013.

If you're reading this - Happy New Year to you too!

PS: Photos hopefully to follow soon....

1 comment:

Johnnie Francis Xavier MacIntyre said...

Hopefully, 2013 is much better to you then.