Thursday, January 28, 2010

iPad

Yaay...the new Tablet. The name sucks, seriously iPAD? Sounds like a feminine hygiene product (thats what everyone else is saying too :P )

Anyways...I read through the specs and I really wanted to think it was cool, but...
1. Wheres the USB port?

Why the hell would I want to connect to my computer for everything? If you're making a revolutionary and magical device, wouldn't you want people to use it even without a bloddy computer to get my files? So, if I am in class and the other guy has his documents on a USB drive, how is he supposed to magically send it to my iPad?

2. No Flash Support? If I want to have a full media web browser, then I certainly want flash! Heck, you can't even log an Oracle support ticket without flash now! LAME.

3. Lame resolution. 1024 x 768 makes it sound like an age old monitor. Bah.

Whats cool is the price point. If it had a USB port, I'd probably pre order it and find a hack to get flash working...but now I'm really thinking if I need the device, even though it would have been an awesome replacement for my dieing laptop.

1 comment:

Johnnie Francis Xavier MacIntyre said...

Wait for 2 or 3 versions and I am sure Apple will make it a little better. Besides, I am sure they expect you to use a bluetooth to transfer files and interact with it.

It sure is magical. Not.